Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 140 - Moonlight

Twitter | Facebook | Blogger | Flickr

ISO 100 f/16 1 SB-800 @ 105mm 1/64th power 6 feet behind sunflower triggered with pocket wizard plus IIs.
Day 140 - Moonlight

View On Black

John: "What are you going to shoot today?"
Me: "I don't know"
John: "Don't shoot a flower."
Me: "Why not?"
John: "There other things to shoot besides flowers"

Last night I took Johns advice and finally shot Vics bike. Why do I shoot flowers? I don't always know what the flowers I shoot are called, and I honestly didn't have much interest in flowers a few years ago. I have fun shooting flowers; and I get great feedback from the flickr community when I do so. One of the advantages of living in Alabama (there are many disadvantages as well), we get flowers far sooner than other parts of the country, and plants thrive here in the spring. When summer hits, the heat will kill everything off until fall, and I will have to find new things to photograph. Until the flowers bake and die, I might as well shoot as many as I can; trying to shoot or light them uniquely to maintain the interests of the flickr community.

until tomorrow,
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment