Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 135 - Rainy Day

Twitter | Facebook | Blogger | Flickr

View On Black
Day 135 - Rainy Day

ISO 100 f/2.8 1/200s with a 2 stop ND filter
1 SB-800 handheld above and right set to TTL triggered by Nikon CLS

Today I saw another photographer with an omnibounce in the park.

Untitled

I think they were probably students and not pros, or at least amateurs having misguided fun. I resisted the urge to inform them that the omnibounce was only for use indoors, but I choose to let them learn the hard way. My Tokina 11-16 shipped today and I feel like an impatient kid waiting for Christmas. I have not been this excited about any of my lens, and certainly far more excited than I was about the lenses I just sold. I really didn't want to sell the 50mm f/1.2 lens, but it is not practical as a working lens if I want to shoot fast and accurate in low light.

Yesterday at a family function I had an uncle who showed interest in learning off camera flash, and I amazed him with what he could do with his Nikon D50 when switched from Automatic to full Manual mode. I also informed him about the 1/500s sync speed not seen on $5,000 cameras and the unlimited sync speed hack that could be used when shooting manual flash. Maybe I should be teaching people how to use cameras; it was this uncle who convinced me I needed a flash and until yesterday he didn't know what TTL meant, and he learned more in 30mins from me then he had in the past 10 years of owning SLRs and DSLRs. And to think this evening a friend of mine told me anyone could take great photos, "It is just about having the camera and the right lens."

Until tomorrow,
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment