Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 138 The New Lens (SOOC)

Twitter | Facebook | Blogger | Flickr

ISO 200 f/11 1/200s @ 12mm with Available Light Only.
Day 138 The New Lens (SOOC)

Just for fun Instagram version

This image of Gerber Daisy is Straight Out of the Camera for the exception of a minor crop, I had part of the Stop sign showing in the top left corner. This almost looks like an HDR to me, but there was no processing what so ever on this image.

I was going to wait a few days to post any images with this new lens while I got aquatinted to it, but I loved this image so much I had to share. It will take some getting used to with an Ultra-wide lens, and I am glad I chose to buy instead of rent one. I don't think you could get adjusted to this type of a lens with only a week or so to use it.

My thoughts on the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 lens; this thing is a beast. Very solid feeling and fast focusing and intoxicating view through the lens. I think I going to love this lens. I chose to shoot this shot of the flower from the backside for the following reasons: I really wanted the morning sun in my image, I created a horrible shadow from the frontside, and people don't typically take photos from the backsides of a flowers. I may post an off-camera flash shot later tonight, but we will see if I get time.

Until next time,
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment