Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 136 - Pink Thistle

Twitter | Facebook | Blogger | Flickr

View On Black
Day 136 - Working Title

ISO 100 f/2.8 1/400s with a 2 stop ND filter
1 SB-800 handheld above and right set to TTL triggered by Nikon CLS

Tonight I sold my Mamiya C330 TLR on eBay. I am not sad to see it go and I actually made money on it. In the year or so that I had this camera, I shot less than 3 rolls of film through it. Maybe I'll replace it down the road with a different Mamiya or a Hasselblad. I haven't decided if I am done shooting film or not, but It does not make since to tie up money in time with film right now.

This morning I took my morning dog walk to the adjacent neighborhood and found these strange flowers on the side of the road. I am not sure what they are, but they are very interesting. This morning I decided not to stop the aperture way down and kill the ambient light, but instead underexpose it and use my flash for contrast. I have been shooting the flowers in my neighborhood this way for the past few days and I really enjoy the flexibility I get when using the ND filters with my 50mm lens, which most people would think is limited to portraits. I am ready to get back to more photos with setup shots and images outside of flowers, but when I have my baby with me on the morning dog walks these are the easiest shots to get without trying the patients of my daughter and my 2 dogs. People must think I look crazy wearing a baby with a dog tethered at each side and a Camera and Flash slung around my shoulder.

until tomorrow,
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment