Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 172 - What's Pink, White and Blue?

Twitter | Facebook | Blogger | Flickr

ISO 200 f/2.8 1/200s 1 SB-26 on a Nikon AS-19 (plastic foot) stand camera right 3 feet from subject triggered with pocket wizard plus IIs.

Day 172 - What's Pink, White and Blue?

Tonight is thursday, which means I go out and ride bikes and drink beers. I knew this shot was going to be weird the moment I came up with idea on my bike ride home. I have been eye balling this pink door near my house for almost a year waiting to use it for a shot. This was another one of those super wide shots that created huge shadow from my lens hood; my solution was to take the hood off and then push the camera as close to the subject as possible and maintain an exceptable level of focus. I really love to push boundaries and I was well beyond the 10 inch minimum focus distance.

Tonights bike ride included a crash, a found wallet with a large undisclosed amount of cash (it was later given to a police officer), and our group being chased by an overly friendly German Shepard named "Husky"; still not sure about the name choice on that one. I hope you enjoy this shot and take a look at the setup.

setup here
Day 172 Setup

until tomorrow,
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment