Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 167 - Old School

Twitter | Facebook | Blogger | Flickr

View On Black
Old School

ISO 100 f/9 1/8s 1 SB-26 @50mm full power shoot through umbrella camera left and 1 SB-26 @ 50mm full power into a reflective umbrella a camera right triggered with pocket wizard plus IIs.

This months North Alabama Photographer's Guild photo contest theme is "OLD." I thought I would shoot my Schwinn Hollywood for the photo contest. This bike dates back to the early 60s or late 50s. I am not sure the exact age of this bike, but it has a bike registration sticker from 1964. Tonight I decided to slow the shutter speed down from my sync speed and let a little ambient light in. I tried to spot meter the building @ 105mm with my Nikon Kit lens, but the camera seemed confused about the situation; I pulled 1/8th of a second out of my head and liked what I got.

Here is what the shot would look like with ambient only.
Old School ambient only

Add in my lights and we get.
Old School Setup

I hope you enjoy this photo as much as I enjoyed taking it. until tomorrow,
keep on shooting

No comments:

Post a Comment