Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 168 - Receiving

Twitter | Facebook | Blogger | Flickr

ISO 200 f/2.8 1/200s 1 SB-26 @ 50mm 1/8th power shoot through umbrella camera right lighting Ginger, and 1 SB-26 very far camera left bare @ 70mm 1/4th power feathered towards the wall.

View On Black
Receiving

The flowers are drying up and it's time to move on. Ginger and I went out tonight to explore the city streets to find shooting locations in the dark alleys of downtown Huntsville. It was nice shooting in downtown on a Sunday night, I didn't see another car or person the entire time we were shooting. It haven't posted any dog photos recently, and I really wanted to shoot with my Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 lens tonight. I first tried this shot with my D70s because it already had the lens mounted, but it didn't focus as well in low light as my D90. Looking at this shot now, I wish I had underexposed the wall by one stop. I metered everything @ f/2.8; and even thought the exposure is correct, this image is not contrasty enough for my taste. Yes I could have brought the exposure down in Lightroom or Photoshop, but I am trying to avoid post production by getting my light spot on in camera.

Finally here is the setup
Receiving Setup

The setup is from a different angle to get both lights in the frame, Ginger was cooperative enough to maintain her location while I took the setup shot.
until tomorrow,
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment