Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 158 - Nature > Man

Twitter | Facebook | Blogger | Flickr

View On Black
Day 158 - Nature > Man

ISO 200 f/9 1/500s Shot with my D70s 1 SB-26 @ 35mm full power on a plastic foot at ground level triggered with an SB-26 in the hotshot @ 1/64th power.

I meant to include a setup shot tonight, but forgot after having two beers at dinner

Let me start by saying this photo has very special significance to me. Yesterday I received a notice from the city about my yard being unsightly. I have an almost identical flower to this one in my own yard and many others that have been photographed and posted on flickr. One of my neighbors, decided to complain to the city about my yard instead of talking to me as a person. I had the same situation last year with our yard when Leela was 8 months pregnant with our daughter. I haven't knocked down the entire yard as I did last year, but I have spent most of the last two nights trying to clean up anything that me might be in violation of our stupid city ordinances.

When I saw this flower tonight on my dog walk growing between two seams of concrete in the curb, I felt an overwhelming since of happiness to know that nature is greater than man's design. No matter how hard we try to manipulate the curves of nature into straight lines it will always come back stronger. I hope you enjoy this amazing flower as much as I do.

Until tomorrow,
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment