Friday, March 30, 2012

Day - 84 Bad Luck

View On Black
Day - 84 Bad Luck

ISO 100 f/1.4 1/200s 1 SB-26 @ 24mm 1/32nd power shot through an umbrella on the ground 18 inches from subject triggered with pocket wizard plus IIs.

While racking my brain for a shot today; I saw this horseshoe on my mantle that we found several years ago. I instantly knew what I wanted my shot to be; and I only needed to figure out how to take it, without cutting and pasting the horseshoe into a blank background of bokeh using photoshop. I gathered my only two flash stands and a piece of aluminum pipe from the garage and suspended the horseshoe using picture hanging wire.

Here is the set up here
Day - 84 Good Luck-2

I had fun setting the shot up, and cloning out the picture wire in photoshop was much easier than I expected. The biggest challenge was focusing and framing my shot. I literally had to lean my left arm onto the umbrella itself to compose and shot my photo. I also really enjoy doing the setup shots, and I am glad to see that many of you appreciate them. I hope to include more setup shots with all of my off camera flash shots.

until tomorrow,
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment