Monday, March 12, 2012

Day - 70 Eye of Pico

ISO 400 f/9 @300mm 1 SB-800 @ 50mm 1/32nd power very high camera right 6 feet from Pico.
Day - 70 Eye of Pico


Running behind and had a very busy day today. This photo is cropped within inches of its life, and I wish the cat had let me get this photo when I had my friend’s macro lens. The macro mode on this old Sigma 70-300 gives me a maximum reproduction of 1:2 at 300 mm at its minimum focus distance of .95 meters. I guess trying to do this with a 90mm macro lens at 12 inches freaked Pico out. Oh well! I still had fun taking this shot and I am rediscovering my 70-300 lens, which I always found soft in the center. I now think this lens is pretty sharp, and my real problem was hand holding this lens in available light at 300mm. The great thing about using this lens with off camera flash and killing the ambient with my shutter speed, is that my effective exposure is on the order of 1/20,000th of a second at this flash power, and camera shake becomes irrelevant.

Until tomorrow,
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment