Friday, March 23, 2012

Day - 80 Pista

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
― Albert Einstein

View On Black
Day - 80 Pista
Lighting Info:
ISO 100 1/200s f/1.4 1 SB-26 @ 24mm 1/32nd + 2/3s power directly above my head aimed at the wheel. (see setup shot for complete notes)

DSC_0258

Until after dinner, I had no idea what I was going to shoot . I wanted to use the setup from Day 73 - Night out with Ginger. I entertained the idea of a self portrait, but I look better behind the camera. I then decided to shoot my bike, the only problem was how to light the wheel without lighting the ground? I feared the ground would distract from the subject and I knew it would be illuminated in the shot. When starter walking up I saw the rail and thought I would stick part of my wheel through, but then decided to hang the bike using a ball bungie instead. Setup was quick and painless I hung the bike, setup and metered my flash, and started shooting. This photo was my favorite; I really love the color of this wheel in combination with the pink tire.

until tomorrow,
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment