Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 209 - Problems


Twitter | Facebook | Blogger | Flickr

Day 209 - Problems

ISO 100 f/4.5 1s (left @ 1s because I tried light painting that didn't work) 1 SB-26 @ 24mm 1/32 power high camera right  flagged to prevent spill on black background 4 feet behind subject with a white reflector underneath, and 1 SB-26 @ 24mm 1/16 power snooted with 2 green gels handheld high camera left behind subject triggered with pocket wizard plus IIs.

I think I have either a bad capacitor or burnt flash tube in my SB-800, just before it died I had a few underexposed flashes of my daughter and then it failed to flash at all.  All function appear to work on the flash and the zoom head moves in and out as expected.  All of my research leads to a bad flashtube, but I find it funny that I don't hear the capacitor charging on start up.  I am on a tight budget so I will most likely start with replacing the flash tube myself and then go from there.  If I am going to invest the money to replace this SB-800, I will just get an Alien Bee's B800 instead.  I'll keep every updated on this issue.

So frustrated that I forgot to include a setup shot, SORRY!!!

until tomorrow,
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment