Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 193 - Rotation


Twitter | Facebook | Blogger | Flickr

ISO 400 f/2.8 36s 1 SB-800 @ 17m 1/32nd power in a Pocket Softbox pointed at wheel triggered with pocket wizard plus IIs.  Glow stick tied to spokes with string.

Day 193 - Rotation

When I started setting this shot up, I thought I could shoot this at ISO 100 f/9 and about 2-6s.  I quickly found out that I had to increase the ISO to 400 f/2.8 and 6s only gave me a faint glow from the glow stick.  From my test before adding in the flash I found 30s gave me a nice glow.  I did doctor this photo up a little in post; at 30s the street lights coming in the garage windows began to bleed into the top of my exposure above the wheel.  When I took this shot, I set my shutter to blub and timed my exposure using my phone and then released the shutter when the glow stick was out of the frame.


setup shot
Rotation Setup


until tomorrow,
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment