Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 196 - Tiny Tomato


Twitter | Facebook | Blogger | Flickr

If you like my photos, be sure to share them on facebook and twitter.

ISO 100 f/2 1/200s 1 SB-800 @ 17mm 1/64th power with 2 tough green gels fired at background made from wrinkled aluminum foil, and 1 SB-26 @ 20mm 1/64 power snooted fired at the tomato.

Day 196 - Tiny Tomato

For anyone trying to reproduce this shot.  I did turn the lights off in the garage to keep from competing with the ambient light.  I feel stupid after doing so, because I own 4 Stops worth of Neutral Density filters I could have used to out compete the ambient light in the garage.  I also struggled to not over expose the tomato, and almost made this photo a silhouette.  I was smart enough to tape over part of the flash head on the SB-26 to nock the power down about another 2 stops.  This problem would have also been corrected with the ND filters.

The heat has not been good for gardening, and this is one of two very small tomatoes we pulled from the vine today.


setup shot
Tiny Tomato Setup


until tomorrow,
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment