Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 199 - Dark Field Lighting


Twitter | Facebook | Blogger | Flickr

If you like my photos, be sure to share them on facebook and twitter.

ISO 100 f/11 1/200s 1 SB-800 @ 24mm 1/64th power inside of pocket softbox with black construction paper flagging the middle.

View On Black
Day 199 - Dark Field Lighting

Nothing exciting here, typical dark field lighting of a piece of glassware.  I set this shot up because I don't see setup shots for these very often.  Some people might include a sketch of the setup which is not always easy to understand.  I tried this shot back in January in my dinning room, but I was not happy with the result that I got.  The two large pieces of foam board on the side of the glass are used to prevent the glass from picking up any reflections from anything else in the room.  This shot was the first one I took.  I tried stepping up the power, but I preferred this shot at 1/64th.


setup shot
Dark Field Lighting Setup


until tomorrow,
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment